Start with the TV and STB on. Code search sends codes from the database to your TV or STB to search for a match. When the device turns off, a match is found.
Flipper V7 and above:
- Select device you want to search by pressing and releasing either TV or STB; light will flash;
- Select the search code region:
- US / Canada: Press and hold ON/OFF and #2 for three seconds until the light turns solid, then release;
- UK / EU : Press and hold ON/OFF and #1 for three seconds until the light turns solid, then release;
- Search: Press and release On/Off. The light will flash, sending 15 codes to the TV /STB;
- Either: the device (eg TV) turns off, or the light turns solid. If device turns of, then there is a match in the batch. It may take 15-20 cycles to go through the database. Either:
- If the TV turns off, wait until the light stops flashing. Then slowly press and release the Channel - (down) button to send one code at a time until the TV turns back on.
- If the light turns solid (TV does not turn off), then press On/Off again to send another batch.
- Note: If your home region did not turn up a match, try the other region. Many devices share codes.
- Once the device turns back on, press and release TV (or STB). Test other functions.
- Go into Dual Mode and Lock.
Flipper V6 and below:
1. Press and hold TV until the light turns solid, if searching for a TV code. (Use STB if searching for a STB code.)
2. Press and release On/Off. The light will flash, sending 10-15 codes to the TV. The light turns solid when the batch is done.
3. If your TV turns off, then a working code is in that group. If the TV did not turn off, repeat the process. It may take 15-20 cycles to go through the database.
4. If the TV turns off, wait until the light stops flashing.
5. Then press and release the Channel Down button to send one code at a time until the TV turns back on. Go slowly to allow time for the TV to turn on before pressing again.
6. Once the TV turns back on, press and release TV (or STB). Test other functions.
Note: Some devices share partial code sets with other devices, so it is possible that not all functions work. If this happens, repeat the process until the correct code controls all your device’s functions.